Sleep is a way underrated factor for achieving and maintaining optimal health.

So what happens when you sleep and why is it so important?

The answer lies in the type of sleep you get.

While a power nap may improve your energy, the real magic occurs hours into sleep.

Benefits of getting into a restful deep sleep include:

  • Blood pressure lowers
  • Appetite suppressing hormones are released
  • Muscles relax
  • Tissue repair occurs
  • Energy is restored
  • Immune system is boosted

So when you’re sleep deprived, you may feel the need to eat more, get sick more often, have low energy and even be more prone to chronic back or neck pain.

So get the Z’s you really need by making a few simple changes.

  • Improve your diet – Eat less grains and less sugar
  • Reduce stress – stress will prevent your brain from letting go
  • Increase exercise – a quick way to wear yourself out and allow natural resting patterns to take over
  • Get adjusted – Research shows chiropractic care can improve sleep quality – (See the Study below)

The nearly 30% of your life that you spend sleeping is by no means unproductive. It is quite the opposite as it plays a direct role in how healthy the other 70% of your life will be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Difficulty getting a good nights sleep?… Your Fort Worth Chiropractor may be able to help.

A study of 80 people revealed that the test group who received chiropractic care experienced improved subjective sleep quality (as measured on the Epworth Sleepiness Scale) over the test group who didn’t receive chiropractic. 

Resource: Sleep Quality improvement in chiropractic patients: A Pilot Study. American Sleep Research Institute Lincoln, Nebraska March 2010

 

Brought to you by Express Ed: Quick Health Education that won’t bore you out of your Mind!